The Thousand Oaks Shooting Victims – How You Can Help
In the aftermath of the shooting at Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, there are several ways to help or contribute to the victims and support efforts:
1. “We all woke up today to the images and stories from the horrific shooting in Thousand Oaks last night,” reads a statement on the Ventura County Community Foundation Facebook page, which has coordinated with the city of Thousand Oaks and the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation to create a fund through which people can donate to support the “victims, families and organizations providing first and second line support.” Donations can be made to the fund at vccf.org/donate/make-a-donation. Also, on their Facebook page.
2. Crowdfunding website GoFundMe announced a verified fundraising campaign has been started for the victims of the shooting. The funds raised will be collected by the Rotary Club of Westlake Village, a registered nonprofit organization of which Borderline Bar & Grill owner Brian Hynes is a member.
3. A second verified GoFundMe campaign has been started specifically for the family of slain Ventura County sheriff’s Sgt. Ron Helus. Those with questions or who would like to donate via alternate methods are being directed to call the Ventura County Deputy Sheriff’s Association at 805-639-9218.
4. Vitalant: The blood service provider seeking donations in Thousand Oaks to replenish its supplies. Appointments by phone or through website. 877-258-4825. blood4life.org.
5. Bureau of Victims Services Los Angeles County: The Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office has services if you, or someone you know, lives in Los Angeles County and was a victim, contact the agency. 800-380-3811. da.lacounty.gov/victims.
6. Thousand Oaks Assistance Center: Crime victims assistance for those affected, including their families. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 10-12. Regular hours after Veterans Day: 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday. 805-214-2503. 625 W. Hillcrest Ave., Thousand Oaks. www.vcdistrictattorney.com/victims.
To the victims affected by this tragedy, you are in our thoughts and prayers. From our ICSAVE Family to yours, we will NEVER forget you nor your strength in the face of this horrible event!